To some, small talk is a door opener to stimulating conversations and meaningful relationships, to others simply an elegant way to say nothing. Either way, small talk is not avoidable. It is a way of connecting with people – be it at a reception, before a business meeting, at a private dinner with new acquaintances or with the person you are stuck with in an elevator.
This seminar is about the better, more interesting version of Small Talk. You will learn how Small Talk can be your door opener. You’ll get lots of tips for sparkling conversations that do more than just scratch the surface and don’t immediately dig so deep that it could become intimate, confrontational or uncomfortable.
- Unleash your charisma
- Which ice breakers are suitable for you personally?
- Define what you are willing to talk about, what you can and should communicate and which are the topics to be avoided
- Listening skills
- How to deal with dull conversations
- Tips for sparkling conversations
- Recognizing different types of conversation partners
- What to do with your hands / body talk
- Moving on – how to end the conversation
- Where small talk can take you